Arts and crafts kitchen design commonly identified by simple lines, rugged construction, and very little excess ornamentation. This movement began in England in 1890s as a response to the overly ornate, assembly line furniture of the time also focused on aesthetic simplicity, talented craftsmanship, and impeccable quality. Arts and Crafts kitchen design mark on straight lines and heavy proportion. It resemblance to Gothic, Shaker, and Oriental designs.
The style features in Mission or Shaker door styles, iron or brass hardware, and Quartersawn Oak cabinets, woods include Ash, Birch, Cherry, Hickory, and Maple, you can use of stencils on walls or furniture, hand-embroidered table cloths, curtains and pillows, or handmade metal accessories but not all stencil, because stencil should beautiful in their simplicities, all about nature and handicraft. Arts and Crafts kitchen designs, built properly with dovetailed drawer boxes, mortise and tenon joinery, most rugged in hand-made construction. The main and important goal is functional, well-built, and enduring cabinetry.
In the other hand you can add some ideas like adding flowers, kind of flowers are iris, roses, waterlilies, ginko leaves, oak leaves and acorns (some autumn flowers), using one or two colors. Because this styles underlined in nature, and simplicities so the interior color not far from nature colors blues, reds, greens, grays, some kind of dusty and muted color. Some reference suggest to used vegetables color like mustard, zucchini, squash, and eggplant or color of stones like limestone, sandstone, feldspar and the various blue-grays, and brown. Scared to failed while choosing color? You can choose your color and then take it to paint store, show it and ask they help to find the best color that suitable to your color.
How to updating Updating an Old House with Paint and Stain?
Let’s focusing on the exterior. You can mixing three colors into the exterior but natural colors not brigh colors. Add light color for the room, and a medium color tone for shingles. And for kitchen remodeling you can use same color and style with dining room and living room. Commonly the size of kitchen is small, focusing on efficiency and clean. As the heart of home kitchen. The Kitchen is a hub to the all members of the family inevitably gravitate.
There are three simple steps to craft a perfect kitchen:
- Planning well and measuring the available space and create an effectively and efficient kitchen, includes the flooring and the walls.
- List all the kitchen furniture and kitchen accessories you require to have, including positions of the kitchen cabinets, kitchen closet and storage space, the kitchen cookware and kitchen equipment.
- Then finally choose a style that is either period or contemporary.
Kitchen Craft Designs
- Design of a kitchen reflecting style and personality its owner. There are various designs to suit individual taste, here example of two most commonly used design:
- The Modern Kitchen Craft Design: characterized by the fast life of today. Minimalist and contemporary, less accessories, sleek and stark and colored bright with yellows, blues and reds. Materials used are granite, chrome, steel and marble.
- The Victorian Kitchen Craft Design: Gothic designs, period furniture in solid wood, elaborate pointed arches, lace curtains, use of chandeliers, lamps and scones for lighting.