The only thing that you might need in New Jersey is a licensed and so does home improvement license NJ will be needed when you do several things related to modifying, improving, altering, remodeling or even painting a personal residence. If your job related to those activities you do need home improvement license.
Those several activities that have been mentioned above will be considered as a job that refers to home improvement contractor or it is also known as general contractor in New Jersey. If you do that several job related to improvement to a personal residence, you will need a license to be able to work in New Jersey and there are several things that will be quite clear to help you get the license that will let you work as a home improvement contractor in New Jersey.
There will be two things that will be quite important that need you to have home improvement license NJ.
- The first and the most important thing is that you will not be able to have construction permits if you don’t have the license.
- If you have known the regulation that intended for home improvement contractor in NJ, but still continue to provide contracting service, it will result fine of up to $20,000 per instance and even criminal prosecution in some cases.
Those things above will be two things to consider when someone including you who wants to be a home improvement contractor in New Jersey.
How to Apply for Home improvement license NJ
There will be several simple things you can do to have kind of home improvement license NJ. Following are several steps that will guide you to get your own home improvement license.
- First, you will need a liability insurance covers a minimum of $500,000 per incident. You need to purchase it and make a copy for your certificate.
- Second, get the Initial Registration form. You will need to print it and fill out the application of Home Improvement Contractor Application. There will be several fields that you need to fill. It will need to fill really clear as you need to make it easier.
- Third, there will be several other that will need you to print and fill the form. They will be a Disclosure Statement that will need you to explain any violation and also Certification page of the application form that will need to print, sigh and date it.
- Fourth, other than those step, you will also need to fulfill the other requirement to have the license. Writing a check of $90 for the NJ Division Consumer Affairs will be the other thing you need to do.
- Fifth, after you have made a copy of your document that need for the application, you can mail the copy of those things required to get a home improvement license NJ to State of New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs Regulated Business Section Home Improvement Unit 124 Halsey Street, 7th Floor P.O. Box 46016 Newark, NJ 07101.